At DKM Developments Ltd we offer a full kitchen fitting service including plumbing and electrical works and are aware of the large financial commitment that is made by our customers when having a new kitchen fitted.
We have many years experience with kitchen fitting and consistently provide a high quality kitchen fitting service.
Help with kitchen design
We work closely with our customers to assist with design, type of kitchen, use of available space, location and condition of water, gas and electricity pipework, cabling and sockets.
We work closely with designers at our customers’ chosen supply company to ensure that the design of kitchen will work with the space available.
We have also close links with a Bishops Stortford based company called Rejig Interiors who specialise in interior design work. They offer a bespoke kitchen design service which has offered their clients substantial savings when sourcing their kitchen. You can find more about their services here.
Helping you with your budget
- To help our customers we talk through options and potential cost savings in terms of:
- Type of kitchen supplied. Flat pack kitchens are supplied at a lower cost than pre-built. The additional labour cost to build these means they usually end up costing the same as pre-built.
- Location of mains services (gas, water and electricity). Moving a mains stop tap can get expensive compared with swapping the position of a washing machine with a cupboard.
- Condition of existing services (gas, water and electricity) We check if your current wiring and plumbing can support a new kitchen. Electricians cannot legally fit additions to circuits that are not RCD protected. Budgeting for upgrading is recommended. Old and corroded pipework should be updated so new sinks and appliances can be safely connected.
- Mixing and matching is a way to save money. For example, carcasses from a lower end kitchen can be matched with higher quality doors.
- Worktops can also be sourced online at a fraction of the cost of those in a package.
- Sinks and free standing appliances can also be sourced separately.
Kitchens that we fit
There are numerous suppliers which we have successful experience of fitting, including:
Carcasses – these are floor and wall units that house all your kitchen items and equipment. Some of these house integrated appliances, others are for storage. These come in various shapes and sizes and vary in material and finish.
Door and drawer fronts – these face the fronts of the carcasses and allow you to access the contents. There are many styles and finishes. Hinge styles vary but we mainly fit soft close.
Worktops – we have fitted a variety of types including laminate, solid wood, and man-made. We have the skills and tools to cut, fit and join worktops. If you are sourcing your worktop separately we help you with sizing.
Kitchen fitting – above is a photograph of a kitchen fitted in Bishops Stortford by DKM Developments Ltd.
Kitchen fitting – above is another kitchen fitted by DKM Developments Ltd in Bishops Stortford.
Above is a photograph of a kitchen fitted by DKM Developments Ltd in Sudbury, Suffolk.